Op. No.: 39631 36687
"Rear parking assistance" facilitates distance assessment and informs of obstructions when you have limited space behind the car, for example when parallel parking.
The system is activated when reverse gear is engaged. When an object is indicated, the radio's/stereo's sound level is muted and a pulsating "buzzer tone" comes from the car's rear speakers. The tone starts to sound when approx. 150 cm remains to an obstacle and becomes a constant tone when the distance is approx. 30 cm from the rear bumper. The remaining distance is also displayed on the multimedia display in the centre console.
The kit consists of four sensors that are as good as installed out of sight in the rear bumper, a control module, wiring and a button in the centre console.
This system can produce "false" signals as a reaction to external sound sources with the same frequency as the system's sensors. Typical sources are the horn, wet tires on asphalt, air brakes and motorcycle exhaust pipes.
The system is automatically switched off when reversing if a trailer module (TRM) is installed.
The sensors are painted in the same colour as the car's bumper, except if the sensors are located in the structured area.
|1161765||Excl. CA, CN, JP, US|
Facts and advantages
Be aware of obstacles, for example, when parallel parking.
0.6 kg (1.3 lbs)
For cars of model year 2013 only, the car must be factory fitted with one of the following options:
Heated front seats (option code 11)
Heated rear seats (option code 752)
Rear parking camera (option code 790)
Rear parking camera, preparation (option code 820)
BLIS and Cross Traffic Alert (CTA)
- The control module is not required if "Park Assist Pilot" is installed simultaneously.
- Ordered according to separate procedures and downloaded using VIDA.
- For cars manufactured -13, not equipped with any of the following options: AWD, Heated front seats (option code 752), Heated rear seats (option code 11), Rear parking camera (option code 790), Rear parking camera, preparation (option code 820), BLIS and Cross Traffic Alert (CTA).
- Japan orders in accordance with a separate procedure.
- Hole punching tools can be used for several installations. Replace the tools with new ones when they becomes blunt.