Op. No.: 36687 39631
Rear parking assistance facilitates distance assessment and informs of obstructions when you have limited space behind the car for example when parallel parking.
The system is activated when reverse gear is engaged. When an object is indicated, the radio's/stereo's sound level is muted and a pulsating "buzzer tone" comes from the car's rear speakers. The tone starts to sound when approx. 150 cm remains to an obstacle and becomes a constant tone when the distance is approx. 30 cm from the rear bumper. The remaining distance is also displayed on the multimedia display in the centre console.
The kit consists of four sensors, which are practically invisible in their location in the rear bumper, as well as a control module, wiring and a button in the centre console. Parking assistance can be disabled by pressing the button in the centre console.
This system can produce "false" signals as a reaction to external sound sources with the same frequency as the system's sensors. Typical sources are the horn, wet tires on asphalt, pneumatic brakes and motorcycle exhaust pipes.
The system is disabled automatically when reversing with a trailer if TRM is installed.
The sensors are painted in the same colour as the car's bumper, except if the sensors are located in the patterned area.
|31269374||-11, Ch 101517-||Installation Instruction|
|31201599||Ch -101516||Installation Instruction|
|1161765||Excl. CA, CN, JP, US|
Facts and advantages
Makes you aware of obstacles when parallel parking for example
0.6 kg (1.3 lbs)
- Ordered according to separate procedures and downloaded using VIDA.
- Depending on the car's equipment level one or two cover plugs may be required.
- Can be used for several installations. A new mixing tube must be used for each installation.
- Can be used for several installations.
- Set of 6
- Japan orders in accordance with a separate procedure.
- The hole punching tool can be used for several installations. Replace the tool with a new one when it becomes blunt.