Op. No.: 36687 39631
Rear Park Assist facilitates distance assessment and informs of obstructions when you have limited space behind the vehicle, such as when parallel parking.
The system is activated when reverse gear is engaged. When an object is indicated, the radio/stereo is muted and a pulsating "buzzer tone" sounds from the car's rear speakers. The tone starts to sound when approx. 150 cm (59 in) remains to an obstacle and becomes a constant tone when the distance is approx. 30 cm (11.8 in) from the rear bumper. The remaining distance is also displayed on the multimedia display in the center console.
The kit consists of four sensors, which are practically invisible in their location in the rear bumper, as well as a control module, wiring and a button in the center console. Parking assistance can be disabled by pressing the button in the center console.
This system can produce "false" signals as a reaction to external sound sources with the same frequency as the system's sensors. Typical sources are the horn, wet tires on asphalt, air brakes and motorcycle exhaust pipes.
The system is disabled automatically when reversing with a trailer if TRM is installed.
The sensors are painted the same color as the car's bumper, except if the sensors are located in the patterned area.
|31359219||-13, Ch 179555-||Installation Instruction|
|31201124||-13, Ch -179554|
|30782785||-13, Ch 175379-, Ch 179554|
Facts and advantages
Be aware of obstacles, for example, when parallel parking
0.6 kg (1.3 lbs)
- Ordered following a separate procedure and downloaded using VIDA.
- Can be used for several installations. A new mixing tube must be used for each installation.
- Can be used for several installations.
- Set of 6
- Hole-punching tools can be used for several installations. Replace the tools with new ones when they becomes dull.
- Centering tool for PAS cradle. The tool can be used for multiple installations.